How do you think social media will change in the future? What other trends would you add to the mix? Are they any specific technologies that you think will gain popularity or emerge?
I think Social Media will change the way we live our lives...it will at some point change society around the globe like it has been doing in the Middle East. A lot of people say the Western World is not oppressed, but I disagree with that, and I know a lot of people that would agree with, yes we may not be as oppressed as the countries of the middle east; but we are and you can see it.
I would add that video chatting will become a lot more popular, and the technologies will change so that you can do more the just a one-on-one chat, creating places where more people can talk about issues and other interests. This would connect the world like nothing as since the 90's when the Internet took over everyones lives.
As for technologies that will gain in popularity or emerge I wouldn't be surprised if smartphones become a lot smarter, as they become more widely popular. The social aspect of the phone will change and will become more like a social pocketbook. If anything emerges , although it sounds odd, I will say robots by 2025.....yes robots, I don't think we're far off now.
I can defiantly see video chatting becoming more popular. Although I hadn't thought about it in that way. Since the internet people have been spending more time on the net, and in a way, Video chat can probably bring them back together. Video chat today connect people across nations and countries together. Unlike messaging, you can put more emotion into it. Mostly because you can see the person. I also wouldn't be surprised if one day a cellphone has the capabilities as a laptop.
ReplyDelete